Best-value-for-money ski lessons in Verbier
Verbier is one of the top ski resorts in the world and is a fantastic ski holiday destination. Verbier also just happens to be in Switzerland and as you’ll probably know Switzerland has a reputation for being a little pricey! Bearing in mind these two points, ski lessons in Verbier can appear to be expensive, especially if you are paying with £s. And to be honest the word cheap should really be replaced with the words ‘value-for-money’ ski lessons. So, what do you need to look for in a ski lessons to get the best-value-for-money ski lessons in Verbier?
Below are a few points to help you know you are getting the best-value-for-money ski lessons in Verbier.
- Qualifications – Check the qualification of the instructor you are booking – Are they fully certified to the highest Swiss standards? Larger ski schools make their margin hiring lower level instructors (possibly with no qualification and only five days of in house training at the start of the season) and charge the same price as the highest-level experienced ski instructor (Brevet Federal).
- Safety – Be sure you have chosen a ski instructor who is teaching legally, the person selling you a cash deal low price ski lessons in Après-Ski is unlikely to be insured, have a qualification or hang around to help if there is an accident on the mountain!
- Local Knowledge – How well does the instructor know the resort? You’ll want an instructor who can help you find the best ski conditions for your level. However, the instructor should also be a font of local knowledge who can help on every aspect of your ski trip, help book great restaurants, advise on the best Après-Ski and even know the telephone number of the local doctor or dentist!
- Ski Area – There are 400km of groomed ski runs in the 4 valleys, however there is more off piste than groomed runs! Only a Brevet Federal ski instructor can teach off piste – So, if you are getting the lower level instructor you are only getting a fraction of the ski area to ski on in your ski lessons – reducing your chances of finding the best ski conditions!
- Name – Know the name and qualification of the instructor you are booking. If the ski school can’t tell you the name of the instructor, then you’ll be put in the ski school tombola. Ski schools can run a ratio of 1- 4 (1 Brevet Federal to 4 lower level instructors) so you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting the best-value-for-money ski instructors in the ski school.
You can search for ski lessons by price, however a lowest price lessons does not necessarily equal value-for-money and most ski schools in Verbier charge similar prices – So, when booking ski lessons ask questions about the exact instructor you are booking. If you’ve got this far down the page then you are probably looking for a deal!? Contact me directly and I am sure we can work something out!